These proven techniques can help reduce blood sugar while helping lose some weight. This will prove difficult at first, however discipline and about 8 to 10 weeks and you will be amazed at the results. Share this article with your physician and dietitian and get their input and feedback and make adjustments to give it a go. This can be a better alternative to medication if feasible.
Breakfast Choices Daily
- 16 oz. unflavored water.
- Air fried or baked sausage, ham, or unsweetened bacon.
- 1 fried egg, no cheese.
- No milk, no fruit juice – this includes no orange or apple juice. No grits.
Lunch Choices Daily
- Baked chicken, baked salmon or grilled tilapia, 2 air fried lamb chops, or 2 ham slices.
- 16 oz. unflavored water, and a Coke®/Sprite® zero. (Not diet)
- Green or yellow vegetable.
- 1 apple, pear, or plum. (Just 1 single fruit, keep sugar levels stable).
- Lettuce with sliced tomatoes, oil and vinegar.
- No rice, no pasta, no fries, no potatoes.
Dinner Choices Daily
- Air fried 8 oz. strip steak, baked chicken, air fired pork or 4 lamb chops
- 1 tangerine or orange. No more.
- 32 oz. unflavored water, and a Coke®/Sprite® zero. (Not diet)
- Green or yellow vegetables.
- No rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no starches or carbs.
In between meals throughout the day
- Drink 16 oz. of unflavored water with ice every hour or so.
- Go to the restroom when the urge arises, don’t wait.
- Park 6 to 8 lanes away from store entrances.
- Walk 2 to 3 flights of stairs when you arrive and leave work.
- Stand and iron dresses or shirts while watching TV.
- Wash dishes manually 3 times a week instead of dishwasher.
- Purchase a cheap drone or remote-controlled car and play with it on your feet once a week.
- Rearrange the freezer or refrigerator on your feet twice a month.
- 3 gum candy pieces Sunday night
- 1 small baked cookie twice a month
These basic habits will be hard at first, but once you get into the routine, you may find it enjoyable as you enjoy high proteins and the challenges that they bring. Purchase a small blood-glucose monitor with control solution, test strips, thin disposable lancets to cover you for the next 8 to 10 weeks. Read the instructions and learn how to use them, and test in the morning before meals, lunch, and dinner and keep track of your progress. It is important keep your blood sugar as close to normal as possible.
Don’t let a single test result discourage you. Share your results with your physician and hopefully you can avoid medication. Get keto strips to measure ketones and follow directions completely. Test weekly.