If you’re looking to build muscle, lose weight, or just stay in shape, weights are a must. You might find yourself wondering how much weights should I use? The answer is a little different for everyone and depends on your fitness goals. In this article, we’ll discuss the many benefits of weights and provide guidelines for safe lifting weights.
Benefits of Weights
Lifting weights provides many benefits , including:
– increasing muscle mass and definition.
– improving bone density, which can help prevent osteoporosis.
– making your clothes fit better due to the loss of fat tissue.
Weights do not cause wear and tear on a person’s joints like running does.
Types of Weights
There are types of weights to work with such as:
– Weights you hold in your hand.
– With handles and bars attached.
– Floor weights.
An exercise should provide a challenge without being too easy or hard to complete. As you get stronger, increase the weight accordingly until it also provides a challenge for you.
A few important tips for safety when weights are used:
– Keep weights, and surfaces on which weights are placed, clean.
– Breathe normally while you exercise. Don’t hold your breath or exhale forcefully to push the weights up more quickly.
– Exercising with weights is not a way to lose weight fast – it’s a long term commitment.
Lifting weights is enjoyable, but it is important to always be safe when weights are used. Play music, enjoy TV, and work out with friends – weights don’t have to be boring.
– Work out with weights two times a week for the best results.
– Start at weights that are lighter than what you can lift comfortably, and then work your way up from there.
– Never use more weight than you can stand without bending or straining.